Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Thick White Espresso Cups

• 26-05-2008 12:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get these in Dublin?

I have the larger ones for years but can't remember where I got them.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I got some really nice d'Ancap ones in Brown Thomas ages ago. Not sure if they still do them.

Ordering online is probably your best bet.

Remember - inside the bottom should be rounded, and it should feel heavy for its size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

Thanks Reactor. That's the spec alright. I'll try BT. Any recommendations for a site?

American site - shipping can be very expensive:

http://www.espressoparts.com/product/020W/White_Nuova_Point_White_Demitasse_Espresso_Cup_Saucer_Set_of_6_25_Oz.html

UK crowd - http://coffeecups.co.uk/product/1

Espresso Warehouse - http://www.espressowarehouse.com/ - brilliant range - but you have to open an account.

The Nuova Point sorrento espresso cups are very highly regarded.

If you google about you might find someone willing to ship at a low cost.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    American site - shipping can be very expensive:

http://www.espressoparts.com/product/020W/White_Nuova_Point_White_Demitasse_Espresso_Cup_Saucer_Set_of_6_25_Oz.html

UK crowd - http://coffeecups.co.uk/product/1

Espresso Warehouse - http://www.espressowarehouse.com/ - brilliant range - but you have to open an account.

The Nuova Point sorrento espresso cups are very highly regarded.

If you google about you might find someone willing to ship at a low cost.

Ordered some 12.5oz cups for my lattes from the UK crowd. I'll have to practice my pouring when they arrive.

12.5oz!

You're some savage :pac:

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    12.5oz!

You're some savage :pac:

I'm a greedy git alright.

Also, pot, kettle, black etc. :D

12oz is perfectly acceptable.

12.5oz - utter madness!

rofl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 queenmeabh

Hey guys

First of all, I'm new to this so sorry if this has been answered somewhere else. I'm on the hunt for some brown tulip-shaped cappuccino cups (about 5oz capacity). Ideally I'd like some Nuova Point ones (the model is called Milano) but ACF would do either.

I've drawn a complete blank finding them in Europe. Espressoparts in the US are completely out of stock of Nuova Point and say that that's the case for all suppliers in the US. Espresso Warehouse in the UK don't stock the tulip shape (Milano). Orphan Espresso in the US stock ACF ones but with shipping I'd be looking at over $90 - about 68 euro - for 4 cups. And most of that is shipping.

So, does anyone know of anywhere in Europe that stocks these? Given they're Italian brands, SOMEONE must... :)

Thanks all

Hrm, have you had a look through the links in the online suppliers sticky yet?

Any pictures of the type you're looking for?

Have just gone through all of the coffee equipment suppliers in the sticky - no joy. But thanks for the sticky - reckon those suppliers might come in very handy for other things!

I'm having trouble adding a photo - the system seems to be looking for a URL but that doesn't work. How do I add an image?

025C_BR__Nuova_Point_Cappuccino_Cup_Saucer_set_4_X_55_oz_cups__Brown_White__Tulip_Shape.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

copy the image location and type
    [noparse] noparse]425017-90042_bg.jpg

straight outa tkmaxx yo!

Put the url of the image inside [noparse][img][/img][/noparse] tags. That's the webpage you've inserted.

This it?

cup.jpg

I got some of the white sorrento NP cups from Espresso Warehouse previously.

The things are very hard to get a hold of - I haven't found another EU online retailer doing them.

ok so my attempt at a photo didn't work but yep Mr Magnolia, that's the cup I'm after. I know Espresso Warehouse have the sorrento cups but they're just not the same.... :) I may just have to take a deep breath and order ACF ones for 67 euro... and warn the coffee maker in the house that they cost a fortune and to be careful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Contact the manufacturer directly by phone/email, posts on Home Barista
    indicate they sell direct:

NuovaPoint srl - 01033 Civita Castellana (VT) Italy
    Tel. +39.0761.540618 - Fax +039.0761.540628 - P.IVA 00781470562
    mailto:nuovapoint@nuovapoint.it

finally got what i was after. found a shop in lisbon last week on a wee hollier. great little shop. got 6 various espresso cup/saucer combinations for 16 eur!!

each one has the logo of a portuguese café. all different.

nice set.

Advertisement